I’ve always been obsessed with stationery and notebooks and planners. I just never bothered to make them pretty. I mean, who has the time?
Well, apparently I do now. I’ve officially become one of those “planner people”.
Truth is I really DON’T have time for a new hobby but when has that ever stopped me!?
I just finished my first week in my shiny new planner:
– I planned ahead on Monday for the things I wanted to do or remember. But there was a ton of space leftover so each night I backfilled with journaling. Or stickers. Or stamping. Or nonsense.
– I created some stickers for the daily stuff (my diet and number of steps per day) so it would be less stamping each day. I used Avery labels #5428.
A few random observations:
– This is the most stamping I’ve ever done on a project. I found it exhausting (mostly the cleaning part) but rewarding and sometimes meditative. And I need practice!
– If you put a pen in a chicken’s mouth and asked it to write it would turn out nicer than my own ‘chicken scratch’ handwriting. I hate it so much. And it makes projects like this hard. But it’s a part of me. So . .. there it is.
– I like the “immediacy” of the memory-keeping I can do in here. No fussing with printing a million photos and typing up long journaling and choosing Project Life cards. Just scribbling it down on paper while it’s fresh. I don’t know if it will ever completely replace my Project Life but they definitely compliment each other quite nicely.
– I have a serious problem with white space. Could not help filling in every single hole! I don’t know if I’ll be able to keep it up each week but I would like to try.
(In case you’re wondering, the “first of all, you’re really pretty” was printed in the agenda. I’m not actually that vain I just thought I’d have fun with it!)
Since I’m so new at this I don’t have too many planner supplies. I made do with the stamps I’ve been collecting from Studio Calico and a few things I picked up at Michaels. I’m looking forward to acquiring more planner-related icons for chores and such.
I don’t have one of those fancy linky things so here’s a quick and dirty list of stuff I used:
- Bando Agenda (purchased at Chapters for Canadians reading this)
- Happy Planner – To Do Stickers – Neutral
- Happy Planner – Sticker Notes
- Happy Planner – Stickers – Get It Done
- Stamp Set: Workout by Kelly Purkey
- Plus Sign Washi Tape
- Lots of random Studio Calico stamps from older kits
Do I have any readers from the scrapbooking world who are also planners!?
Have a great week!
(ps: I’ll be back on Thursday with a new M3 collection!)